Welcome to the new Oncofertility Professional Engagement Network (OPEN)!
OPEN will build upon the past successes of the National Physicians Cooperative and Global Partners Network and continue to foster international and interdisciplinary collaborations. The NPC and Global Partners Network developed at different times and with different original needs. The current need is to unify the emerging technologies and best practices that emerge from rural communities to large metropolitan cities, both domestically and abroad, into a functional unit. OPEN will bridge this gap between domestic and international programs and in so doing create another corridor where members share resources, best practices, methodologies, and experiences.
To Become a Member
Membership is free and open to any center that is providing fertility preservation options to patients. All former NPC and Global Partners members are now membes of OPEN but we ask all institutions (old and new) to complete the Oncofertility Professional Engagement Network Membership form to ensure our Clinic/Center list is accurate. Any questions? Email email@example.com
OPEN will utilize the subcommittee format to organize individuals and groups with similar interests. All members will be able to participate in previously NPC specific subcommittees. OPEN subcommittees include:
- Basic Science
- Gender & Sex Diversity
- Male Oncofertility Network
Complete our Subcommittee Participation form to sign up for areas of interest! These subcommittees will meet both virtually (through the use of WebEx and conference calls) and in-person (in conjunction with the annual Oncofertility Conference) to develop new research protocols, identify best practices, and discuss challenges and pathways to success. As the field progresses, and new interests begin to emerge, we will identify leaders in those new subfields who are equipped to lead new subcommittees and participate in the activities of OPEN.
There are a number of benefits that OPEN members will receive for their partnership. Most importantly, OPEN members will have access to a large network of peers and colleagues who have made tremendous scientific and clinical discoveries.
Other benefits include:
- Information on how to establish a multidisicplinary oncofertility program
- Use of all branding materials that can be tailored to each program
- Training in best practices, including technology updates and practice management
- Access to international referral network for patients seeking fertility preservation
- Information about the financial aspects of fertility preservation
- Templates and assistance for obtaining IRB approval for ovarian or testicular cryopreservation
- Access to materials and tools as needed to support research and clinical studies, including the OC-SHARES program
- Invitations to the annual Oncofertility Conference, meetings, and special events